Re: RE: starship-design: Aircraft Carriers

In a message dated 5/14/98 8:45:07 AM, david@actionworld.com wrote:

>But are they?  I thought we had decided that the conditions in a sub were
>closer to the conditions one should expect in a starship than the conditions
>on a carrier would be.  More cramped, more cut-off, repairs while underway
>more difficult, etc.
>David Levine

Hey none of my designs were cramped!  ;)  Certainly if you want a sane crew
after a couple decades they need some space.  Certainly going out and doing
repairs on a starships easier then a sub or ship.  comunication time lag would
get bad, but at least heavy bandwidth would be avalible.

Kelly