Re: starship-design: FTL Navigation

Ben Franchuk writes:
 > "Kyle R. Mcallister" wrote:
 >
 > > Who is we? You? I say we ask Kelly, Lee, Curtis, Ben, etc. And me. As far
 > > as I know this is a democracy. As for "we" not being interested in FTL
 > > speculation, speak for yourself. Maybe you're not but that does not prevent
 > > us from doing so. And hell, we're sture not talking about anything else.
 > >
 > > Now how about some real discussion on this subject?
 >
 > I don't believe FTL travel is possible. I suspect that physical components will
 > fail around .75C. That is the about the speed of electrons travel in wire and
 > people.

How do the electrons know they're in a wire travelling at 0.75 c?

Particles (including electrons) that have been accelerated to within the
tiniest fraction of c don't behave any differently at speed than they do
at rest.  Electronics (and people) on a relativistic spacecraft won't
behave any differently than they do here on Earth, at whatever speed the
spacecraft travels.