Re: starship-design: FTL Navigation

At 10:25 PM 8/22/01 -0700, you wrote:
>FTL is physically meaningless for a variety of reasons, and therefore
>it's similarly meaningless to talk about "FTL navigation".

This is a rather non answer. If indeed FTL velocities are possible, which
we do not know if they are or not (equal chance) then it is NOT physically
meaningless. It is physically meaningful.

>You did note the part of the mailing list welcome message that says
>we're not particularly interested in speculating about FTL travel,
>right?

Who is we? You? I say we ask Kelly, Lee, Curtis, Ben, etc. And me. As far
as I know this is a democracy. As for "we" not being interested in FTL
speculation, speak for yourself. Maybe you're not but that does not prevent
us from doing so. And hell, we're sture not talking about anything else.

Now how about some real discussion on this subject?

--Kyle