starship-design: Re: FTL travel

In a message dated 1/20/00 9:44:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bfranchuk@jetnet.ab.ca writes:

> >Detecting the charge on the projectile from fields generated at light
speed
>  >to charge the armor with the charged deflecting field requires
microseconds

>  >as does the change of exhaust (on already) direction to avoid neutral
>  >particle collisions. At c and above all is normal and the radar works
just
>  >fine.
>
>  Radar or any other detection still requires the returning pulse back
>  from the object to return before the object arives. At C and above radar
>  is usless as the object has hit before you get the echo back.
>
>  Light is 3E8 meters per second or 300 meters per microsecond.
>  With 1 us for echo return,1 us for radar detection and 1 us for
>  deflection that
>  means a travel speed something about 1/3C.
>

>  S>>>>>>>>>>>#    300 meters  radar
>     S<<<<<<<<#    200 meters  pulse return
>         S?   #    100 meters  pulse detect
>            S!#      0 meters  deflect

When a object reaches the effective range of the radar it does not need to
wait for a main bang pulse to arrive as they are continuly sent. The echo
races toward the reciever at light speed. The radar is an anolog computer
that takes data from sensors(ear) processes it in real time at light speed to
give output. Zero is the processor time unlike digital processors that take a
long time to process digital data thus the output is not in realtime(now) but
past time(then). Two of your named variable parameters are actually zero not
micro seconds so the max velocity detectable is mass at light speed.

I could be wrong but request you give a full derivation or
credible source for what you say before I change my mind with new evidence as
it has been thirty years since I managed an electronic warfare laboratory
jamming radars.
A requirement then I met of knowing more about the radar than the radar
operators and builders  to succeed in jamming them. Do you know something I
do not know or may have forgotten? It is possible:)

Regards,
Tom