Re: starship-design: Power - T.E.M.I

Jonathan,

You wrote:
>That [insulation], unfortunately, was the first thing I suggested. It
>cannot be insulated because it is live. Nothing can touch
>it without being zapped. He didn't want to ground it, so he
>put it on some corkboard and blue tacked it in place.

I meant THERMAL insulation. This should have to do little with ELECTRICAL
insulation, which is what I think to read in the above message.

So my suggestion is: put the heat-sensitive part of the device in a
thermos-flask. If the device can sit on corkboard and be in normal air, it
should not matter if it for example is inside a mirrored glass flask.

OK, I hope this has cleared up the confusion.

Timothy