Re: starship-design: Power - T.E.M.I

Personally I think this whole thing is a hoax...
(No offence intended to anyone)

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Steve VanDevender wrote:

> Jonathan J Jay writes:
>  > He was not entirely sure how to answer ALL your questions but he answered
>  > what he could. Hopefully with the information provided you should be able
>  > to understand and possibly even answer the rest of the questions.
>  >
>  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>  > Q> Where does the energy come from, What is the theoretical basis of
>  > operation?
>  > A> He believes the energy comes from particles in the fluid
>  > making contact with the rods and being shoved around the tank
>  > constantly slamming into the rods making more energy. That is
>  > the basis of operation, he thinks.

<G> Sounds "almost" like a perpetual Motion machine to me!
Unfortunatly those things aint posible :)

"Lisa, In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
Hommer simpson.

>  > Q> How many watts does the thing put out?
>  > A> He is unsure about watts, but it makes 15 to 30 volts at 1.2 amps
>  > constantly.

Well, this is what makes me sceptical of the whole thing...

No way are you gona get 15-30 Volts from an electrochemical cell and from
the discribtion I can't imagine what else would make it work...

> Oooh, this is a bad sign.  If he doesn't know enough about
> physics to calculate wattage from those figures, I'm not going to
> be particularly trusting of his other claims.  W = V * A.  It
> puts out 18-36 watts.  "Constantly?"  For how long?  It can't
> last forever.
>

> I really think this is not something we should be discussing on
> starship-design.  I didn't set up this list to be a "kook
> science" forum or a place to discuss proprietary battery designs.

Heh heh, you might be right! :)

Bjornie