RE: starship-design: Aircraft Carriers

Well, my undergraduate degree was in Naval Architecture and Marine
Engineering.  I can picture some of my classmates being fascinated by
SeaQuest enough to have done some sort of project relating to it, but this
was before that show was on the air.

However, it wasn't THAT long ago.  We talked about ships for all sorts of
purposes, but nothing that quite matched the purpose and design of SeaQuest,
which is modelled more after the Enterprise on Star Trek than anything else.

However, some ideas and technology mentioned in the show were extrapolated
from current ideas and technologies  - witness the closing comments made by
Dr. Ballard in early episodes.

That beind said, I really didn't like the show too much.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.