RE: RE: starship-design: Drag

> ----------
> From: 	L. Parker[SMTP:lparker@cacaphony.net]
> Subject: 	RE: RE: starship-design: Drag
>
> On Wednesday, October 08, 1997 11:46 PM, KellySt@aol.com
> > No I have heard that Sol is inside part of a 800 light year bubble
> thined
> > down by a super nova blast a few centuries back.
>
> Correct, except it was a little farther back than that...
>
> Lee

Right.  If you're talking 800 light years in diameter, it was at the
very least four centuries ago, and that assumes the shell travelled at
near light-speed, which is unlikely.
David Levine                                david@actionworld.com
Director of Development               http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                                  (212) 387-8200
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."