starship-design: Re: Quantum Gravity

Hello Zenon,

>>Not necessarily, there may be something underneath space-time.
>>That is, something that provides the building blocks for space-time.
>>Just like nature provides ways to enhance the building blocks of today's
>>computer (and thus allows to increase the speed of the masterclock, nature
>>may also provide ways to enhance the velocity of information transfer.
>
>I wonder - does the software running on a computer
>have an access to the computer's master clock?
>E.g., can it make it tick faster?

No, but *we* can make it faster.

>Even if so, it will not change the situation
>within the world modelled by the cellular automaton -
>ticks may become shorter (in the whole computer's frame
>of reference...), but the amount of action
>per tick will be still the same (hence c will not change).

Indeed, this is the case with FTL theories where space is warped long before
a trip is made. Ie. The formation of the "wormhole" is still limited by c.
After the wormhole is established one may go through it and reach a
destination in a faster way.

>The only way to go faster within world's frame of reference
>would be to change the topology of cell connections:
>i.e., make more cells around any given one be "adjacent"
>to it (that is, accessible in a single tick).
>But this also will not make FTL possible -
>it will only make the limit speed (c) higher.

True, but I suggested, that there may be something underneath space-time,
something that isn't discrete.

Timothy