starship-design: Ideas, thoughts, and speculation

Greetings, everyone.

I have some ideas that we might consider.

CONVENTIONAL ideas:

Slowing a sail-ship: How about using a magnetic loop to slow the ship. I
read
about that concept somewhere before.

RAIR Ramscoops: Instead of using a physical scoop, use a magnetic scoop.
We
could use a laser to ionize the gass directly in front of the ship, and
then
magnetically shunt it into the drive assembly. The laser might also help
deflect
large objects.

Laser ionization: Use a pulsed laser to ionize fuel for thrust.

EXOTIC ideas: Read at own risk!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could use just energy as fuel? Sure, if it
works.

Gravity/Antigravity generation: I have some ideas, but I don't know
about it.

Tachyon propulsion: Great! How is it done? And I hate time travel!

Magnetic Warping of space: Hmmmm...

Alcubierre warp drive: Good, neat, but unfortunately they don't sell
exotic
matter at the local 7-11.

As always, TAKE THESE IDEAS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!

				Kyle R. Mcallister