Re: starship-design: Digest or not?

At 8:48 PM 7/26/96, Zenon Kulpa wrote:
>> From kgstar@most.fw.hac.com Fri Jul 26 20:07:17 1996
>>
>> >- time & effort needed to do that (ah, Ben, are you ready?? ;-)
>>
>> Just doing the few bits I worked up took me quite a bit of time, and they
>> still arn't on the main server.
>>
>> >- objectivity: it is easy to make the attempted Status Report
>> >  to become a personal view of its author instead of fair
>> >  assesment of ideas and arguments appearing in the posts
>> >  (sorry, Kelly, I think that this applies to at least half of your
>> >   version of the Report :-(
>> >
>> >-- Zenon
>>
>> Oppionions varry.  Alternate opinions that are not written up and submitted
>> by their spoaks person, are consigned to cyber space hell. :)
>>
>Well, well.
>I DID write my alternate opinions in my postings to the list
>but you somehow subjectively overlooked them when making the digest...
>So who should go to hell, I wonder?  ;-)

Hey I summarized as best I could.  You want more, you write your ideas up
in web format.  :P

>Anyway, Kelly or not Kelly, the problem remains.
>The problem of time too - I had still no time
>to assess and comment on Kelly's Report and prepare
>my alternate version (if Kelly would have taken it into account,
>is quite another matter... ;-(
>
>Not to speak about that the Report, though quite extensive,
>covers may be no more than one-third of the issues discussed before.
>Folks, are we going to write a best-selling book on starhips soon?
>
>-- Zenon

I've been half seriously suggesting that.  We have covered a lot of ideas
in these posts.  Even came up with a couple of seemingly new ideas.  That
should be marketable.  Asuming we had the nerve to dig through all those
back E-mails to fish it out, and we would finish all the rough ideas we
throw around.  If we would do that, we could have a very good book on the
subject.

<It has been a while since one was published.>

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company
(Magnavox URL: http://www.fw.hac.com/external.html)