RE: minor stuff...

>Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:11:40 -0500
>To:David Levine <David@InterWorld.com>
>From:kgstar@most.fw.hac.com (Kelly Starks x7066 MS 10-39)
>Subject:RE: minor stuff...
>Cc:'Brandon Neill' <neill@math.usu.edu>, 'Steve VanDevender'
><stevev@efn.org>, David Levine <David@InterWorld.com>, 'Philip Bakelaar'
><pbakelaar@exit109.com>, 'Kevin 'Tex' Houston'
><hous0042@maroon.tc.umn.edu>, 'Kelly Starks x7066 MS 10-39'
><kgstar@most.fw.hac.com>, 'Zenon Kulpa' <zkulpa@ippt.gov.pl>,
>"'KellySt@aol.com'" <KellySt@aol.com>,
>"'T.L.G.vanderLinden@student.utwente.nl'"
><T.L.G.vanderLinden@student.utwente.nl>
>
>At 9:56 AM 7/25/96, David Levine wrote:
>>>P.S. I've been thinking about something for the future of LIT that
>>>addresses
>>>all the various offers.  More on this tomorrow (or maybe later today)
>>>as I
>>>try to write down what I've been thinking about.
>>
>>Okay, okay, it's been longer than I said it would
>>be (as usual).
>>
>>Here's what I was thinking:
>>I'd like to have LIT spread out among everyone
>>who wants to "have" a piece of it.  There would
>>be a central site, and a lot of "satellite" sites.
>>The links back and forth would make it look
>>seamless.  Each person would be able to
>>maintain the part that is on their site.  Each
>>part would be on a different subject.  Spreading
>>it out like this would also make a "disaster"
>>(i.e. a crash or someone leaving, or whatever)
>>cause much less damage to the whole... only
>>to one part.
>>
>>In any case, I'm all for Steve's mailing list.
>

>I could go for various people working on various parts and submiting them.
>But everyone keeping there part on there system worries me.  It would
>almost gaurentee something was broken or incompatable.  Also a lot of us
>(even in the core group) have school accounts which come and go.  Might
>work real well for development thou.  Assuming we were really good at
>coordination.
>
>Kelly

One P.S.
We could move all or most of lit to Kevins machine and get access account
to it.  That way his server would be a central site, but everyone (who had
aranged to) could get in to maintain parts.  (I beleave this isn't
posssible at SunSite.  We could leave it there, or use it as a mirror and
upload stable versions to SunSite.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company