Re: To Kevin and Kelly

At 8:39 AM 5/2/96, Kevin C Houston wrote:
>On Wed, 1 May 1996, Timothy van der Linden wrote:
>
>> To Kevin,
>>
>> Nice done, I always thought that cgi-scripts where the only way to produce
>> inline moving images. I did know that gif-animations existed, but had never
>> seen one. Now that I started digging in the many imagetools I have, I see
>
>One of the disadvantages, is that the older versions of netscape do not
>support this function. (more on that later) the gif construction set
>can be found at:
>
>http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.html
>
>> that I even don't have a working GIF-animation player.
>> Did you find that software "The GIF construction set" on the web? I'm
>> interested in having that tool too.
>> I think that MPEG movies will be a bit smaller, but of course they aren't
>> inline-movies (yet).
>
>The gifcon.exe program _can_ be used as a helper app for your browser, so
>having this program should allow your browser (whatever it is) to see the
>gif 89a extenstions.
>
>To: all
>Re: image-maps
>
>What is the best program for creating maps?  and what kind of server
>support do you need?
>
>Kevin

I have WebMap, mainly because I can find it free on the web.
    http://www.city.net/cnx/software/webmap.html

The server needs a maps reader program or CGI_, or the server software
itself must support maps.  Since I don't have one, I'm not sure how to set
it up.  Also maps have different formats (I.E. netscape, CERN, or NCSA.).

Hope this helps.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company