Re: starship-design: HOTOL SeaDragon idea.

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

In space its the specific impulse that is more critical. And its not clear that a anti-mater system would have a better thrust to weight ration. You forget the extream weight ratin of the antimater storage and handeling gear.

Also, fusino propulsion - or power - is generally considered doiable in a short term dev program if there is focused work on it.
I have been waiting for them to hit break even with fusion since the
1970's. The same could be said of re-usable space transport. Anti-matter
designs barring getting anti-matter seem to be practical and in the reach of small industry so development could proceed faster. I don't think the anti-matter tank would be much bigger than a bell-jar.

Kelly