Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: starship-design: Hi, from a newbie

Curtis Manges wrote:

> Interesting outlook, but I think everyone will still want access to a
> PC, and, as long as it's there . . .

Got any ideas for a small space ready computer - let me know while
I still have paper left. :)

> I fully agree with this. People are putting processors into things
> like toasters, now, just because they can, and because they think
> it'll sell more goods. A space colony could not afford to operate on
> this kind of thinking. And, when you think about it, we can't either,
> at least not indefinitely.

The other problem is that a space colony is not fast a money maker.
You want people thinking about 25+ years investment, not what is fast
cash next week. I don't want a space colony to be a 'company town'.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html