Re: starship-design: FTL travel

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

> You forget, your talking about things like aircraft or ships.  You don't want
> a aircraft thats shiped to you in a hundred parts.  Odds are it would leak
> like a sive and all those joints and sockets would work lose.

 My GOD that is what duct tape is for!
 You must think everything comes from a FACTORY already assembled.
 HOW THE FUCK does the FACTORY make the stuff,if not from hundreds of
parts.
 You can build your own home,rent a apartment or buy a condo to live
 in, why  can't I have the same choice in space?

 Things welded together is the strongest way of joining things and
electric spot welding aluminum sounds like it would work in space.
 Remember air pressure is about 5 PSI not 15 PSI on earth.

> >Bigger is not better,
> >just more
> >profit because the money saved goes to the greedy stock holders.
>
> If you don't pay folks what their work is worth, they won't do it for you.
>
> >We need CONDO'S in space not apartments. For the up until the last 6000
> >years
> >man has lived with out money, why now is money the only thing of value?
>
> Money isn't of value, its the MEASURE OF value!  Waste money, and your
> wasteing resources and absolute value.

  Money is a measure of talent not value... How much money is
a loving family or a good friend or a life worth. I don't make much
money does that mean I have NO value in designing spacecraft?
I am working on a nice CPU design, just because I cant make money
from it is worth less? What is the price of knowledge?

> >It seems the only way to get MAN into space is to KEEP MAN out of space
> >craft.
> >Man can't live in space if we can't build a home in space.

It is a real pain that one has to fight the social/economic system
to get launch costs down.

Ben.
PS I don't agree with the current social / economic system we live
in, nothing personal with my sharp remarks.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."