RE: starship-design: Wirelss power transmission

The legalities of our setup are pretty much in good hands.  Health
concerns, however, are a major issue, since the mobile units are being
worn by living beings.  That is one of the reasons I want to avoid using
microwaves.
  Our "cage" is a one floor of a five story building.  The inner walls
have been midified and grounded to provide a radio shield.  So far we have
not had any problems with the cage itself.  The problem is finding a form
of wireless power transmission that is not going to cook a human standing
in the transmission beam.
  Long range is not needed at all...the remote units will never leave the
building.  Something like this could be used in robotics on a starship
that won't leave the starship (repair droids, maybe) but will always be
on...so batteries are to be avoided if not for backup power.

Thanks,
Fred