Re: starship-design: Casimir-Foreward balloon

alright, man, I'll do my best. I'm not sure what you mean by beam. If you are talking about
a microwave beam sent from earth or another part of the balloon, there is none. The
microwave heat left throughout the universe from the big bang enters through the skin of
the balloon and hits the internal buffers (can't think of a better word) which are coated in
that theoretical phosphor. The phosphor lowers the frequency of a specific wavelength(s)
just enough so that it can nolonger pass through the outer skin. The microwaves now
bounce throughout the ballon, through large holes cut in the buffers, until they find the
back of the balloon.

I'm not trying to short change you, I honestly don't understand what you are asking. I'm
not good with words, so if you could draw me some kind of illustration I could probably be
of more help.

Connor
chithree@boo.net