Re: starship-design: ftl, gravity, etc.

Kyle R. Mcallister writes:
 > As far as I can see, there are two problems with finding FTL effects:
 >
 > 1. We don't know where to start from
 > 2. Few want to accept that it might be possible

The amount of research and thinking that has gone into trying to find
FTL effects seems to me to belie the second point.  Lots of people,
including some prominent physicists, would love to have FTL and spend a
great deal of effort trying to find ways to do it.  However, there
hasn't yet been any success in finding ways to achieve FTL travel either
theoretically or experimentally.

I do think it's premature to say that FTL is impossible, but if it is
possible it's clearly not easy.