Re: starship-design: Interstellar Exploration Ship Design

"L. Parker" wrote:
> -- cut --
>
> We are talking a six month deployment here...not six years or even sixty
> years. I am beginning to have serious doubts about slow ships (0.3c or
> less). I no longer believe it is possible to stuff enough food onboard for
> an Explorer class vessel. So we are back to growing it enroute. Or a MUCH
> faster vessel.

Can't forget the time honored si-fi tradition of suspended animation...
Wake me at beta-gama 13 and I just hope you wound your alarm clock.

PS.Avoid any AI-units called windows 3000 umm HAL 9000.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."