starship-design: Autodynamics, relativity, etc.

Ben Franchuk (Woodelf) wrote:

> Some very good idea's there. I think the best we can
> get for speed is .7 C in the speed of matter moving.
> see:  http://www.autodynamics.org/welcome.html
> Note even with a perfect engine as time slows down when you
> reach the speed of light, the output of the engine will drop
> off too since it slows down.

Afraid not. You can't reach C with a normal engine...it thrusts at the
same amount continuously. Remember the first postulate of relativity?
The laws of physics are the same in EVERY reference frame? This applies
here. Calculations have been done that show that you cannot accelerate
to C by throwing mass out of your vehicle. You can't do it by slinging a
particle or vehicle through a field of some type either. The best you
can hope for is a way to "bend" spacetime around the vicinity of your
object, and you might be able to exceed C. To do much even using the
Levi-Civita solutions of General Relativity, you will need a magnetic
field strength of ~10^18 Tesla. To do the exotic warping, where you need
tension higher than actual density, you will need a much higher regime.
Or, you can do what I do: try to figure out how to cheat. If you can
cheat a bit, you might find a way to do it without all that power. I
have personally tested one such device, and have measured a _possible_
weight change of .5%. This is not yet confirmed, so don't get your hopes
up. It is possibly a magnetic effect.

Autodynamics-don't trust it. Carezani conveniently ignores many known
facts, especially his energy calculations for accelerating particles.
The relativistic predictions have been confirmed EXPERIMENTALLY in the
lab, not just on paper. Do get a couple of books: 1. "Space-time
Physics" by Wheeler and Taylor., 2. "Black holes and Time Warps:
Einstein's Outrageous Legacy" by Kip Thorne. These are excellent books
on the subjects. But I ask you to NOT do the following: 1. Do not close
your mind to the possibility that either SR or GR may one day be
falsified; or any other theory for that matter. 2. Do not believe
unwarranted assumptions; such as: "Nothing can travel faster than light
in a vacuum." (see my notes below) 3. Don't disregard an experimental
result on the grounds that it disagrees with conventionally accepted
theory. 4. If you do an experiment, and get a strange result, ask
yourself: "How am I fooling myself? What might I have overlooked that
could account for my anomalous result?"

Faster than light?: It happens. It's true, everywhere you look, there is
a superluminal process taking place. It is called the "EPR effect," but
don't get your hopes up; it cannot be used to transfer meaningful
information. Can there be faster than light transfer of information?
Probably. I have personally done an experiment where I had this as a
result. On wednesday, if all goes well, I will do this again with a
double modulated signal. The modulation I used? FM. The setup is
proprietary. So, I give this to you as simply an interesting tidbit.
Don't go running around and tell everyone that it has been done, because
I could be wrong. And for all you know, I could just be some idiot
thinking this up for idle pleasure. What my point is: don't give up on
it. There are serious attempts to do it. Well, that about does it for
now.

Best regards,
Kyle R. Mcallister