Re: starship-design: more assorted musings

> F**K with the budget. This is a global project that reflects
>  the best of mankind. Oh I forgot this project is only for
> the very rich gready people that get rich quick?

Of course this is a project for the rich!  Only the filthy rich countries of
the world have the resources, tallent, or technlogy to attempt anything like
this.  Exploration has always been a sport for the rich.  Fortunaly the U.S.
is the richestes and greedeest of them all, so we can suport the biggest space
program, of them all.

>This project will never be economicly feasable in the
> near future because our economic system is based on
> making money not on the true value of food,shelter,the
> earth,knowlage,

Economics is entirely about finding the absolute and relative values of these
things.  Its measured in money.

>social togetherness, and population control.

Oh please.  Space stunts to unite the world failed misurably a long time ago
and ever since.  Population control is very regional.  Developed countries are
all having population decline trends (at current rates Japan and Italy will
cease to exist in 200 years).  Undeveloped countries aer trying to develop
(which will solve ther population problems.  The reason is the economics of
having children in non-subsistence economies.

Kelly