Re: starship-design: RE: Bugs again

L. Parker wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Let us hope the whole galaxy doesn't subscribe to the survival of the
> fittest philosophy, we may just run into another intelligent species which
> is more fit...

Think about this the next time you step on an ant colony that has done
nothing to you. Picture yourself as the big type III civilization, and
they as humans. Now on the other hand, if the ants come into your house
and/or bite you, by all means get the raid ;)

Lets hope that most alien civilizations would be more willing to look at
us from a distance, rather than interfere with us in a particularly
nasty way.

Kyle R. Mcallister