[Fwd: Re: starship-design: Re: Bugs again]

---- Begin included message ----
Timothy van der Linden wrote:

> But of course, as long as we haven't experience with alien lifeforms, we
> can't be sure. However since we will be wanting to study alien biotopes
> from close by, I don't think it is that strange to "park" our spacelab
> right next to them.

Good point, Timothy. I agree with your approach; put a closed habitat on
the planet surface. You can't study the biosphere strictly from orbit.
Then, eventually, you might be able to determine whether it is safe for
you (or the biosphere) to breathe the atmosphere or not.

Kyle R. Mcallister

---- End included message ----