Re: starship-design: RE: Bugs again

I have a question for the group.  Barring putting a science fiction writer
in the engineering spaces of every starship, is a class III civilization
even concievable?  Even if a society could scatter itself throughout the
galaxy, the light barrier would prevent the kind of cultural cohesion
required to keep them a unified "civilization" or even on the same
evolutionary track.
Best Regards,
Nels Lindberg