Re: RE: starship-design: Interstellar mission within fifty years

In a message dated 10/7/98 6:49:41 PM, lparker@cacaphony.net wrote:

>> Summing up, if something does not, rather dramatically,
>
>> change the attitudes and goals of humanity concerning space,
>
>> the probability of launching a starship within fifty years
>
>> is very, very low.
>

>Well, there is that. Of course, as has already been said elsewhere (Warp
>
>Drive When?) if we discover a habitable planet around another star, the
>
>public will want to know why we haven't _already_ invented a warp drive!

Frankly for bio-technical reason I doub't a habitable planet is possible.  If
its to unlie us biochemically its uninhabitable.  If its like Earth, it would
be leathal to any organism thats compatible, but not evolved in its eco
sphere.

Kelly