Re: Re: starship-design: doable drives

In a message dated 10/7/98 9:10:33 AM, f96bni@student.tdb.uu.se wrote:

>> > Since the resources of this star system could support any conceivable
>> > planetary civilization for  tens of thousands of years.
>>
>> Millions if it's static.
>>

>yeah and probably only a few centuries if can manage to grow
>exponentially. (Say a doubling of the resourses exploited each decade
>would be nice.)
>

>Bjorn.

The tens of thousands number assumed the population continues to grow at its
current rate forever, all of them use raw materials at the rate of the most
consuptive American, and none of them recycle anything.  Of course more wealth
and tech could dramatically up our usage, but a little recycling seems likely.

Kelly