Re: starship-design: Power - T.E.M.I

Jonathan,
	Where does the energy come from, that is, what is the theoretical
basis of operation? Are the 'rods' consumed by the reaction?  How many
watts does the thing put out?  Could you give an explanation of the
device.  What is the composition of the three 'rods' and the 'special
ingredient' and how come it costs so much?  How are the rods placed in the
tank, do they touch, are they partially or completely immersed, are the
rods changed any when the reaction starts., where do the power leads come
out of the tank, and is the reaction self-starting, or does it require
some activation energy?  The reason why I ask is that I suspect your
friend has gone and made himself a chemical battery.  Tell him to try
running it without one of the rods or switching it around and see what
happens.
220,284
Nels