Re:Re: starship-design: Power - T.E.M.I

He was not entirely sure how to answer ALL your questions but he answered
what he could. Hopefully with the information provided you should be able
to understand and possibly even answer the rest of the questions.

Q> Where does the energy come from, What is the theoretical basis of
operation?
A> He believes the energy comes from particles in the fluid making
contact
with the rods and being shoved around the tank constantly slamming into
the
rods making more energy. That is the basis of operation, he thinks.

Q> Are the 'rods' consumed by the reaction?
A> No. Not in the slightest bit. The rods are still the exact
measurements
they started at.

Q> How many watts does the thing put out?
A> He is unsure about watts, but it makes 15 to 30 volts at 1.2 amps
constantly.

Q> Could you give an explanation of the device?
A> Essentially, it is a circular 'tank' filled with fluid and then the
rods
are inserted.

Q> What is the composition of the three 'rods'?
A> One is Iron. (Fe) The other two are classified.

Q> What is the Special Ingredient?
A> KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN!!!!! Not. It is secret, but granular.

Q> How come it costs so much?
A> Because one rod is made of a precious metal. Not gold or silver.

Q> How are the rods placed in the tank?
A> He inserted the base of each rod into a predrilled groove in the
bottom
of the tank for each rod.

Q> Do they touch?
A> Each other? No.

Q> Are they partially or completely immersed?
A> Completely.

Q> Are the 'rods' changed any when the reaction starts?
A> They heat up about 11 degrees centigrade but that's it.

Q> Where do the power leads come out of the tank?
A> The two leads are taped to the side of the tank. Then they go over the
edge and are immersed in the fluid with the bare ends dipped at least two
centimeters under.

Q> Is the reaction self starting or does it require a kick start?
A>  He isn't sure. He was going to give it a kick start but it started by
itself. Just to be on the safe side, he did give it a kick start but is
unsure if that helped any.

Q> Could it run with one rod missing or alternating their positions?
A> No. It could run with one rod missing for two minutes but no longer.
And
the rods HAVE to be in that position.

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:52:34 -0700 (PDT) "N. Lindberg"  writes:
>Jonathan,
>	Where does the energy come from, that is, what is the
theoretical
>basis of operation? Are the 'rods' consumed by the reaction?  How many
>watts does the thing put out?  Could you give an explanation of the
>device.  What is the composition of the three 'rods' and the 'special
>ingredient' and how come it costs so much?  How are the rods placed in
the
>tank, do they touch, are they partially or completely immersed, are the
>rods changed any when the reaction starts., where do the power leads
come
>out of the tank, and is the reaction self-starting, or does it require
>some activation energy?  The reason why I ask is that I suspect your
>friend has gone and made himself a chemical battery.  Tell him to try
>running it without one of the rods or switching it around and see what
>happens.
>220,284
>Nels

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]