RE: starship-design: Numbers needed for Colonization (starship-design)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, L. Parker wrote:

> The teachers at the school had not realized it was that easy to
> break. It would have been easy for you or I to break - but now we are
> comparing ourselves to a five year old.

I do have a distinct feeling that children are capable of far greater
intelligence than most attribute to them.  The only thing that limits a
child is lack of basic knowledge - things like reading and writing.  It
can make it hard at times for a child to get access to information,
especially when no one encourages them to learn.  TV shows like Barney,
TeleTubbies and books like Dr. Seus don't help things.  I feel that TV
shows such as the two aforementioned have a significant hand in the mass
stupidity of modern mankind.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
madhobby@geeky1.ebtech.net
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH RECKLESS EXPERIMENTATION" - Motto of The Mad Scientist
"Less talk, more synthahol." - Worf