Re: RE: starship-design: RE: questions

In a message dated 1/29/98 2:06:05 PM, david@actionworld.com wrote:

>Well, the old site was 5 megs and the new site is 4.  A lot of stuff
>from the old site is missing on the new site, so I'd say in total LIT is
>around 6 megs plus however big all of the uoregon mailing list archives
>are.
>
>Really, the problem is not space: the space on SunSITE is effectively
>unlimited, there is no quota.  The main problem is accessability,
>because it really is a group project and could best be updated by a
>group.
>
>The reason I'm picturing using something like GeoCities (rather than
>have everyone keep their own stuff on their personal website) is that if
>someone wants to quit working on the site with us, we won't have any
>trouble - all they need to do is pass on the GeoCities account to
>whoever wants to take over their portion.

Good point, you might want to check to see if the accounts can be set up under
a master account.  That way if someone drops out without warning the account
could be transfered.

>The question of site heirarchy/layout has been raised in such a
>situation.  I need to think about this some more, but I'm sure there is
>a solution.

If ther some higher account over the others.  The "administrator account"
could set up the heirarchy and give given accounts access to given
directories.

>David Levine

Kelly