Re: RE: Re: starship-design: One way (again...)

David Levine wrote:

>Right.  In the original concept for this design group, we were assuming
>some extremely pressing reason-to-go had come up.

I can't imagine any extremely pressing reason to go which would also
give enough time to develop interstellar travel capability.

>I think the
>assumption was the remote detection of life-bearing planets in the
>target system, with a potential mission receiving large amounts of
>popular support.

That wouldn't be an extremely pressing reason to go, unless that
life included intelligent life which are developing or have
developed their own interstellar travel capability.
--
    _____     Isaac Kuo kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~kuo