Re: starship-design: It's a bad, bad world out there

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

> On the contrary, the gov always does what we ask.  Pity we ask such shallow
> contradictory things.

The government does what it wants. Why do you suppose it is illegal to
have a copy of the constitution hanging in your office? I'm telling you,
the government is corrupt. Wait ~30 years. See how many of our rights
are taken away. Unfortunately, most new generations of people (currently
children) do not care if our rights are taken away.

> They can't even explain that NASA is cheap!  No it boils down to federal
> money (millions probably) being spent on a stupid boondoggle like alien
> hunting.  Why do you think things like this kept Sen. Proxmire in office for
> so long?

Well, that is possible. It's also possible that there was a bit of
'control'.

> With a bit of spin control it sound like your starving children to
> let scientists doing the increadibly stupid.

Fact: There is enough food in the world to feed EVERY HUMAN BEING IN THE
WORLD. I don't like seeing people starve, but there's nothing I can do
about it. Ask your wondrous government why they don't feed those people.
As far as people that are perfectly able to work and have a good life
but are too lazy to: let them starve. Why should we have to pay for
them? Use that money for SETI/NASA.

> Truth means little in Washington.

Washington *makes*  the truth.

Just my two cents