RE: starship-design: Ancient

Tieing together two threads here...

The interesting thing about FTL is that if it really is possible, it
makes Fermi's Paradox even more haunting.  i.e. if we're talking FTL,
we're now talking about the entire universe, not just our galaxy.  I
would say that if FTL is possible, then I feel certain we are either the
only intelligent life, or intelligent life is rare enough that it is
conceivable we are the only species out of the handful of existing ones
that has the mind-set to want to colonize the stars.
David Levine                                david@actionworld.com
Director of Development               http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                                  (212) 387-8200
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."