RE: starship-design: Battleship galactica?

On Friday, October 03, 1997 12:47 PM, Gertchen1@aol.com
[SMTP:Gertchen1@aol.com] wrote:

> But what about another galaxy?

If they can get here from another galaxy and they are hostile, I am looking
for a rock to hide under, there is absolutely NOTHING else we can do...

>  BUT What if we sent out a ship and discovred a ship that cannot be
>  detected?
> What does our radars detect? Life forms? What if they're all robot? What
> if
> the ship's outer hull prevents scanning? What about radar jamming?

If they can do all of that, then I am still looking for that rock...

> But why wait until something does happen until we react?

Because, I am not going to waste valuable time worrying about something
that is not only improbable, but implausible.

>  Battlestar Galactica is a space opera written to entertain,
>  it has very little attention to reality or fact. Reality is too boring
>
>  make good TV fare.
> Unfortunately, you are right -_-;

I'm glad to see we agree on at least one thing.

Lee Parker