Re: starship-design: Dare we walk in their footsteps?

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:44:33 -0700 kyle <stk@sunherald.infi.net> writes:
>NASA's Interstellar flight symoposium seemed to listen to ZPE/FTL
>ideas
>(many of which come up with by amatuers). If we are going to attempt
>design starships, then we need to follow their example. If we don't
>have
>the engineering knowhow, guess. Contact Marc G. Millis if you'd like
>read their analysis of the situation. If we dare walk in their
>footsteps, then we should listen to theory. If its good enough for
>them
>its good enough for us.
>
>Kyle Mcallister
>
>P.S.: I may be unresponsive for awhile, as hurricane Danny is causing
>trouble down here with power and phone lines.

Well, I'll say this about NASA.  I honestly have a hard time paying
serious attention to an agency that uses a Rolls Royce to move its couch,
i.e., space shuttle to launch communication satellites.  None the less, I
will look up their analysis.

Jim