starship-design: Re: Aliens

<WARNING - Off topic letter>

Lee,

You wrote that Kelly had a point that if aliens exist, they should give away
some hints.

I ask you: Which hints?

Why would the aliens not wear special suits that are near 100% bioshields?

As many suggest, aliens might cause an unwanted psychological effect
(apathy, hysteria) in most cultures. A reasonable alien race would not just
make contact without thought. Therefore it is likely that they still hide.

Why don't we see their energy signatures? I don't know, they may have tricks
to hide those too. (Coming from behind Sol?)

Timothy