Re: starship-design: Re: This and That.

In a message dated 6/21/97 2:11:13 AM, wharton@physics.ucla.edu (Ken Wharton)
wrote:

>----Apart from all this brand-new, unproved theory, I personally don't
>believe it's possible to construct a Pure Paradox.  From first
>principles, a pure paradox is a contradiction of itself, and (for me,
>anyway) that in itself proves that paradoxes are impossible.

Paradoxes generally arise in science when your missing a secoundary factor.
 For example time travel allows things like a grandfather paradox.  However
such a paradox would create a recursive ossilating pattern.  One cycle
granfather lives -> so you live.  Which leads to pattern two where you kill
grandfather before your born.  So theirs noone born to kill grandfather.
 Logicly the two paterns could recursively repeat until a stable varient
arises.  I.E. the paradoxes are possible, but intrinsicly unstable and self
correcting.

Just a thought.

Kelly