Re: starship-design: Avatar encounter

In a message dated 6/20/97 8:03:15 PM, stk@sunherald.infi.net (kyle) wrote:

>In Re of L. Parker's avatar proposal:
>
>You mentioned contact with Type 0 and Type I civilizations on planets of
>other star system. What do we do if we encounter a Type II or higher
>civilization's colony? What about encountering one of their avatar
>probes? I know these are unlikely right now, but we must explore every
>possibility.
>
>Kyle Mcallister

You hope like hell they're friendly and try to stay out of their way.  Odds
are you won't thou.  Remember were talking about traveling to the near
stellar nieghborhood.  If they are that close they can sence Earths
civilization from its EM emisions.  So they would have probably diverted to
Sol first.

Kelly