Re: starship-design: FTL Drive designs

Steve VanDevender wrote:

> kyle writes:
>  > an energy density of in excess of 10^28 w/cm
>
> I can't make any sense of that unit.  W/cm^2 makes sense for a radiating
> surface, and W/cm^3 makes sense as a unit of power generated per volume
> of reaction, but W/cm?  I can't figure out a way to interpret energy per
> unit time per unit distance.

My apologies. I meant W/cm^2. Please forgive this.

> Unfortunately, Kyle, without an explanation of how this drive is
> supposed to WORK I can't take your explanation seriously.  You can't
> just spew buzzwords; you have to explain this without making up the
> underlying physics.

The drive works by using the negative gravitation produced by Zero-
Point quantum fluctuations to warp space negatively. The plates on
the ship generate the ZPQF to do this. Then it is exactly like an
Alcubierre exotic matter drive, but does not require exotic matter.
The segment at the front of the ship is balanced to be as massive
as the ZPQF generated at the rear segment, so as to warp space as
shown in the diagram I sent. It's really quite simple. Mail me if
you have any more questions. I have other ideas also.

Kyle Mcallister

P.S.: I ordered the book you recomended. (Spacetime Physics) Thanks
for recommending it to me.