starship-design: We need habitats

Greetings fellow LIT members.

We need some serious thought on the aspect of habitats. Once we get to
Tau ceti, we
are probably going to want to set up a habitat on the surface of Tceti
I. After
all, why risk a mission, spending hundreds of billions of dollars, to go
another star system if we aren't going to set up a colony there. As far
as bio-
-contaminants, well maybe. But think of this: the proteins (if any) are
probably
different than ours, and thus probably won't have much of an effect on
aliens (us).
If there is a good atmosphere, we could use it to breath by filtering it
before
pumping it into the colony. The atmosphere seems good: nitrogen, oxygen,
co2, water vapor, etc. But as I said earlier: we NEED ATMOSPHERIC
PRESSURE. If no one is willing
to calculate this (or postulate it), maybe I should. I'd like to go
explore the
newly (1996) discovered planets orbiting 70 vir, 47uma, and rho CrB but
theya are
40+ ly away. Respond whenever.

			Kyle R. Mcallister