RE: starship-design: keep old copy.

At 9:24 AM 7/26/96, David Levine wrote:
>Majordomo will, if I remember correctly, allow you to request a list
>of currently subscribed members.
>
>You send a message with "who starship-design" in the body to
>majordomo@lists.uoregon.edu
>
>The results I get from this are:
>
>--

>Members of list 'starship-design':
>
># list of addresses for starship-design
>stevev@darkwing.uoregon.edu
>David@InterWorld.com
>stevev@efn.org
>KellySt@aol.com
>hous0042@maroon.tc.umn.edu
>T.L.G.vanderLinden@student.utwente.nl
>jim@bogie2.bio.purdue.edu
>zkulpa@ippt.gov.pl
>rddesign@wolfenet.com
>lparker@destin.gulfnet.com
>DotarSojat@aol.com
>101765.2200@compuserve.com
>kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
>neill@foda.math.usu.edu
>pbakelaar@exit109.com
>mkshp@ionet.net

Thats useful for surveys, but hardly for addressing an E-mail, unless I
keep a copy of the list.  (and remember which address is for who.)  For
example I have 101765.2200@compuserve.com in the curent members list, but I
have no idea who they are.  Nor did they answer when I asked people to
check their name in the list.

>BTW, excellent work, Steve.  This is terrific news.

Agreed!  Assuming we don't dismantle LIT.  This would be a big help in
puting automatic subscription to the group into the site.

>Is there any way to get majordomo to archive automatically?
>I know you can get a list of files associated with a group
>by sending a command to majordomo (i.e. "index starship-design")
>and then get those files (i.e. "get starship-design filename.txt")
>but don't know how we get them created....
>
>-David

Does this function store these messages?  I thought it just forwarded them.
If so, you could just subscribe an account for the newsletter, from
whoever winds up maintaining the newsletter site.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company
(Magnavox URL: http://www.fw.hac.com/external.html)