RE: minor stuff...

David Levine writes:
 > > > Ahh, but what abot LIT having also Marine, Near Earth,
 > > > and Solar System Development sections?
 > > > Should they maintain separate mailing lists?
 > >
 > >I will immediately state that my offer is to manage a list specifically
 > >for the Starship Design group that has been mailing each other with big
 > >CC: lines for the past several months.  At the very least I only want
 > >maintain one list, although if we want to slightly expand the topic of
 > >that list to cover those other areas that would be fine with me.
 >
 > I agree totally.  I'm more interested in the other sections
 > merely having pages.  Not mailing lists.

I have been told that the eligibility for running mailing lists on
lists.uoregon.edu is pretty liberal, and that I should have no trouble
setting up a majordomo list there.  I'm going to put in an application
through their web form and see what happens.  When everything goes
through I'll notify you all about the list subscription/unsubscription
procedures and any other relevant administrivia.  Since I am a system
administrator for that machine too I may be able to "preload" the list
with our current group of addresses so current members of the CC: group
won't have to subscribe themselves.