Re: New lit loadings

At 7:56 PM 7/23/96, Zenon Kulpa wrote:
>> From kgstar@most.fw.hac.com Tue Jul 23 17:30:00 1996
>>
>> As you probably know, I've been working up some stuff for LIT.  Well I've
>> just uploaded a bunch of it.  New home pages for LITY, Marine sciences,
>> near earth development, and central library, member lists, etc.. etc...
>> Please take a look.
>>
>> http://165.254.130.90/LIT/
>>
>You asked for that... ;-))
>
>1. The URL above loads the "Hi there" text and nothing more
>   (as does your LIT imagemap).
>   One must do some guesswork to add "index.html" to the address...

Opps.  Try.

http://165.254.130.90/LIT/index.html

>2. Black (or dark) background makes followed-up links
>   (with their deafault dark-blue color) unreadable.
>   Change background or specify another VLINK color.
>   Generally, I prefer the paper-like situation:
>   dark letters on bright background.

Hum.  I thought it contrasted pretty well.  Might be different monitors or
browser defs thou.  I'm kind of found of the black background for the entry
pages.  I'll try some more contrastly color combinations.

>3. Some texts on your LIT imagemap are too small/too low contrast,
>   hence hardly readable.

Do you mean the tree on the bottom of the pages?

>4. Congratulations! - you must have worked reeeelly hard:
>   the number of spelling errors is an order of magnitude less
>   that your usual share... ;-)

???  I though I forgot to even spell check it?

>   However, there are some. For the main page I have made rather
>   thorough proofreading (except some capital letter problems,
>   e.g. "moon" or "Moon"?), also adding along the way some small
>   enhancements (see the entire source HTML attached to the next
>   private letter - hope you can  uudecode  it!).

I'll do my best.  (You could just paste it as text in the main message?
They are fairly short.)

>And be prepared for another round of Kelly-bashing
>concerning the one-way missions... ;-))
>
>-- Zenon

:)  Oooo.  Freash meat.

I could never figure out where you were coming from on the pro kamakazi
flights.  Over here were hard pressed to get permision to deliberatly risk
solder lives in combat.  Expending them for anything short of saving a U.S.
city is unthinkable.

In my cynical periods, I figured you'ld been under the Soviet thumb for too
long.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company