RE: minor stuff...

At 10:02 AM 7/23/96, Steve VanDevender wrote:
>Kelly Starks writes:
> > >
> > >Definately make things easier.  I guess the main question is how much
> > >will
> > >the list grow?  Perhaps this could be a temporary solution until the new
> > >site
> > >is up and running, very popular, and a full-blown, multi-hundred-member
> > >list
> > >seems like a real possibility?
> > >

> > >David
> >
> > I was thinking of hosting a mail list newsletter on my AOL account also.
> > We should decide this soon.  We need to implement something, and I'm
> > writing these sections.
>
>I'd be a little leary of trying to run a mailing list out of AOL.  At
>least from the outside, AOL is notorious for having broken mailers,
>delays, and lost mail.
>
>Part of why I am offering to host a list myself is that I can guarantee
>a stable system for mail, and good network connectivity through the U of
>O.

Well I am on the inside.  So I could handel packaging and shiping, thou an
automatic version would be nice.  (I have other things I could do with my
time.)

I don't know which AOL problems your speaking of.  Not that I'm on a lot of
mailers.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company