RE: minor stuff...

Kelly Starks writes:
 > At 9:47 AM 7/23/96, David Levine wrote:
 > >>Actually, I have been thinking about offering this very service.  I
 > >>have
 > >>at least two permanently-connected machines I would be able to run such
 > >>a list from (jcomm.uoregon.edu and hexadecimal.uoregon.edu), and this
 > >>list is small enough and low enough in traffic that I could even run
 > >>the
 > >>list manually.
 > >
 > >Definately make things easier.  I guess the main question is how much
 > >will
 > >the list grow?  Perhaps this could be a temporary solution until the new
 > >site
 > >is up and running, very popular, and a full-blown, multi-hundred-member
 > >list
 > >seems like a real possibility?
 > >

 > >David
 >
 > I was thinking of hosting a mail list newsletter on my AOL account also.
 > We should decide this soon.  We need to implement something, and I'm
 > writing these sections.

I'd be a little leary of trying to run a mailing list out of AOL.  At
least from the outside, AOL is notorious for having broken mailers,
delays, and lost mail.

Part of why I am offering to host a list myself is that I can guarantee
a stable system for mail, and good network connectivity through the U of
O.