Re: New? LIT site.

At 9:41 PM 7/10/96, Kevin 'Tex' Houston wrote:
>Zenon Kulpa wrote:
>>

>> Seems interesting to me. At least, this has a chance
>> to be a "professional" site with constant maintenance
>> and little or no problems with the provider...
>
>Is that a yes, a no, or a maybe?

Sounds like a maybe to me.

>> > 2) Your monetary help.  Requested only.  no pressure.  no special
>>recognition either
>> >    way.  Judging from the size of the mailing list, I would ask $10.00
>>from each of
>> >    you to help with start-up costs.
>> >
>> This may scare away some of us, especially these far away...
>
>I must not have been very clear.  I would not ask for money again.  I'm
>only asking it
>of those now on the mail-list (If you are reading this, then  I'm asking
>you) but new
>members would not be asked.

Ah, Kev.  Zenon is in Poland.  You can probably hire a researcher in his
center for a year for $20.

;)

>> > I hope to sell server space for
>> > $2.00/Megabyte/month and to sell ads.
>> >
>> Do you mean ads will be displayed at the LIT pages?
>
>Ads _could_ be displayed, that is not mandatory.  it certainly requires
>group concensus
>before hand.  I mostly meant that URLY-BIRD.com wold be selling server
>space and ads.
>
>> It has its advantages (e.g., possibility for sponsorships)
>> and disadvantages (e.g., labelling the site as "commercial").
>
>www.urly-bird.com  _will_ be a commercial site.  SSD may join that site
>and display ads
>or not.
>
>Kevin

Actually I like the idea of adds.  Besides the money aspect, it gives us a
more succesful and profesional image.  No one sponcers or advertises on
fools pages.  So if we can get a couple sponcership icons from credible
groups (aerospace or space related especially) it would give us more
credibility.  Not critical, but a plus.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company