Re: New? LIT site.

> From hous0042@maroon.tc.umn.edu Thu Jul 11 04:50:08 1996
>
> Zenon Kulpa wrote:
>
> > Seems interesting to me. At least, this has a chance
> > to be a "professional" site with constant maintenance
> > and little or no problems with the provider...
>
> Is that a yes, a no, or a maybe?

A maybe, plus some thoughts on possible advantages...

> > > 2) Your monetary help.  Requested only.  no pressure.  no special recognition either
> > >    way.  Judging from the size of the mailing list, I would ask $10.00 from each of
> > >    you to help with start-up costs.
> > >
> > This may scare away some of us, especially these far away...
>
> I must not have been very clear.  I would not ask for money again.
> I'm only asking it of those now on the mail-list
> (If you are reading this, then  I'm asking you) but new
> members would not be asked.

I meant, sending money from Poland to US to a private person
is really a pain in the neck...

> > > I hope to sell server space for
> > > $2.00/Megabyte/month and to sell ads.
> > >
> > Do you mean ads will be displayed at the LIT pages?
>
> Ads _could_ be displayed, that is not mandatory.
> it certainly requires group concensus before hand.
> I mostly meant that URLY-BIRD.com wold be selling server space and ads.
>
> > It has its advantages (e.g., possibility for sponsorships)
> > and disadvantages (e.g., labelling the site as "commercial").
>
> www.urly-bird.com  _will_ be a commercial site.
> SSD may join that site and display ads or not.

OK, I only asked about ads on LIT pages -
if their dispaly there would be mandatory, or desirable.
I know now it will not be mandatory,
but will it be desirable (useful, better do it or else... ?).

-- Zenon