RE: New? LIT site.

At 11:52 AM 7/10/96, David Levine wrote:

>Restructuring the LIT config?  You'll have to be more specific, please.
>
>-dml

For example:  The main lit home page has a link to the school of star ship
design, which has a link to an index of services and the project page.  The
last two have virtually the same links, and almost all the links in the
last three are in my Starship Design Project page.  In a similar way some
related member lists, member web pages, and communication pages could be
murged.

Branches to pages listing classes, student organizations, student Kiosk etc
serve no purpose.  (Thou we might want to set up special event functions
for chat events, seminars or anything else we may add later.)

The Main LIT home page has branches to:

       Access Statistics
       College of Engineering, School of Marine Sciences
       College of Engineering, School of Mining
       College of Engineering, School of Starship Design
       College of Medicine
       School of Exo-Science and Alien Studies
       Student Organizations

Of these
       Access Statistics
       College of Engineering, School of Marine Sciences
           No Link
       College of Engineering, School of Mining
       College of Engineering, School of Starship Design
       College of Medicine
           No link
       School of Exo-Science and Alien Studies
           Interesting but parts are still broken like Archaeo seti.
           Part seems more like a games area.  Parts would fit in SSD under
           exobio.
       Student Organizations
            Only lists MST3K.  We could list this under Member interests
           (along with B5 and a few other things. ;)

Give these problems and you latest commentt Dave.  How about:

       Access Statistics
       Marine Development Project (If You still want to try it?)
       Near Earth Development Project
           I figure Lunar mining and exploration would fit in this Cat
       Solar systen Development Project
           Solar system exploration, Mining, etc would fit in here.
       Starship Design Project
           The star ship design project With some of the exobiology parts

Some text explaining the site might be good here, and a link to the members
info.

Comments?  Shock?  Horror?  Disinterest?

I have charts diagraming the old and new proposed if anyones interested.
(Slow day, and the new Map program didn't work out to well.)

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company
(Magnavox URL: http://www.fw.hac.com/external.html)