Re: New? LIT site.

> From hous0042@maroon.tc.umn.edu Wed Jul 10 06:19:44 1996
>
> [...]
>
> What I need from you:
> 1) Your thoughts on this.  MANDATORY!  Even if you think this idea stinks, tell me.

Seems interesting to me. At least, this has a chance
to be a "professional" site with constant maintenance
and little or no problems with the provider...
(or am I mistaken?  ;-)
There is the Ben's proposal, too, but it seems
less "professional" in the above sense (sorry, Ben...).

>    If there is enough talk against it, I will withdraw.  I don't want there to be
>    multiple sites with sets of people who don't talk to each other.  ugh!
>
> 2) Your monetary help.  Requested only.  no pressure.  no special recognition either
>    way.  Judging from the size of the mailing list, I would ask $10.00 from each of
>    you to help with start-up costs.

This may scare away some of us, especially these far away...

> I hope to sell server space for
> $2.00/Megabyte/month and to sell ads.

Do you mean ads will be displayed at the LIT pages?
It has its advantages (e.g., possibility for sponsorships)
and disadvantages (e.g., labelling the site as "commercial").

-- Zenon